Enrichment is an important part of daily life at Wold Academy.
Enrichment is a key driver for both Wold Academy and our academy sponsor – David Ross Education Trust. We provide a broad range of enrichment opportunities - focussed around sports, the Arts and PSHE - as we firmly believe that these opportunities will benefits our pupils, both academically and by broadening their life experiences.
As a David Ross Education Trust academy, we believe that enrichment can help to raise academic standards, enhance performance and teach life skills that will equip our pupils for an ever-changing world.
Primary enrichment gives students the chance to participate in activities that supplement learning and enable them to broaden their skills and experiences, identify talent and enhance it.
Activities include performing arts, including dance, drama and music. There is also a focus on sport, outward bound and developing life skills.
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
• Determination to succeed
• Teamwork and collaboration across key stages
• Success for all
• Respect for others
• Courage when engaging in new experiences
• A sense of fun and enjoyment
• Drive in raising aspirations – be the best you can be
• Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer.
Highlights from past years at Wold, include:
• Participation in the Shakespeare Schools Festival
• DRET Summer and Winter Primary Cup
• DRET Dance Festival
• The Deep – Year 3/4 Residential
• Edale YHA – Year 6 Residential
• Sports Master Class from elite sporting stars
• Artist in Residence
• Horizons Sports Programme events
• Inspirational poetry events and workshops from children's authors
• Partnership with The Voices Foundation
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
We have a team in place to fulfil our aims and provide opportunities for pupils.
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801